Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pregnant 41-year-old supermodel is Vogue's cover girl

Linda Evangelista, 41 and pregnant, is on the cover of the August issue of Vogue. She's the first model, not a Hollywood star, to be featured on the magazine's cover in more than a year.
Her pals from the supermodel heyday a decade ago are also faring well: At 36, Naomi Campbell is still queen of the catwalk. Kate Moss, 32, is starring in a half-dozen designer ad campaigns this season, including a fall Versace campaign that also features Christy Turlington, Angela Lindvall, Carolyn Murphy and Daria Werbowy.
Evangelista never saw modeling as a means to another career.
``I decided when I was 12 that it's what I wanted to do and I count my blessings that I got to realize my dreams,'' she says.
``Being a rock star was out of the question. I can't sing. I'm so glad this worked out for me, I do think I know how to be a good model. And I didn't have a Plan B in place.''


It helps, too, that she's a fashion junkie and keeps up on the styles and trends, whether she's working or not. ``I love that it changes every six months. I really love the creative process of making beautiful images. I so enjoy everything about it.''
There won't be a ``comeback'' after the baby's birth, Evangelista says, because she doesn't plan on ever going away.
Sally Singer, fashion news director at Vogue, says someone with a full life, public recognition and a few (or more) years of experience is an even more effective model because the women buying clothes, beauty products and magazines can relate to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home