Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ed Burns talks about marriage and fatherhood

Before Ed Burns got married to supermodel Christy Turlington, he didn't have cold feet - but when he became a dad for the first time in 2003, he said he was scared as he didn't know what to expect.
"Before my daughter was born I definitely wrestled with, 'God, I still feel like such a kid.' I still hang out with the same guys I hung out with; we still play our dopey Saturday afternoon softball game. We all still feel like 22-year-olds. Do I know how to be a good dad? You discover you do because you have no choice. You kind of figure it out and do it."
Now Ed and Christy have two kids - Grace, 2 1/2, and Finn, 5 months - and he says that he absolutely loves being a dad. He also said that getting married and having kids later in life allowed him to appreciate this experience so much more.


"I'm just so thankful that I had kids at this age... For people getting married in their mid-20s, you're really just out of high school and college. You don't really have time to think and reflect, you were kind of thrown into this adult situation. Once you have kids, it's, like, "I need to get that job, I need benefits, the house, I need the whole nine. When people put (marriage or kids) off, there’s more time to reflect. You've grown used to this adult life, your habits. You really mourn the loss of that freedom and you’re in a different place financially. Then you recognize kids will change that."
Ed's new movie The Groomsmen (starring Britney Murphy and Jay Mohr) opens in New York and Los Angeles on July 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home