Friday, September 22, 2006

Petra Nemcova once downed laxatives to lose weight

Petra Nemcova Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova has revealed that she was once so desperate to land modeling jobs that she went as far as to down laxatives to loose weight.
Nemcova said that being naturally curvy had hampered her career in the beginning and therefore in an attempt to make it big in the modeling world she not only went on one diet after the other, but also took laxatives.
"I went through so many diets in my life. I've been very, very skinny. I've been a size zero but I'm naturally more curvy," Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.


Petra Nemcova "I just ate vegetables, carrots, tomatoes. I went from a just-protein diet to just eating apples to eating no carbs. I took laxatives. I went through all of it just to be able to model," she added.
Nemcova’s comments came in the wake of announcements by officials at the Madrid Fashion week that models taking part in the event would have to be of a certain weight standard.
The move is to help prevent models, and their faithful followers from becoming dangerously thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home